Advisory: Wind Advisory until 06:00PM
...STRONG WINDS TODAY EASTERN COLUMBIA BASIN AND IDAHO PANHANDLE... .There will be two wind threats today. The first will accompany a cold front bringing strong sustained winds and gusts across the open wheat country of the Eastern Columbia Basin. This includes the Palouse, West Plains, and Central Columbia Basin. Second will be lines of showers and thunderstorms developing this afternoon. This activity will bring the potential for gusts between 45 and 55 mph through the Idaho Panhandle and far eastern reaches of Washington. Due to saturated soils...winds of this nature could result in more tree damage compared to similar wind events with drier conditions. ...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM PST THIS EVENING... The National Weather Service in Spokane has issued a Wind Advisory...which is in effect until 6 PM PST this evening.
* Winds...West to southwest 10 to 20 mph with sporadic gusts 45 to 55 mph...mainly accompanying lines of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon and early evening. Higher gusts possible on exposed ridgetops.
* Timing...Wind gusts to 35 mph will be possible through the day. The greatest risk for damaging wind gusts will be between 1PM and 6PM.
* Impacts...Localized power outages are possible due to downed trees and tree limbs. Light weight objects may become airborne. Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high profile vehicles.
* Locations...Sandpoint, Rathdrum, Bonners Ferry, Priest River, Eastport, Kellogg, Pinehurst, Osburn, Wallace, Mullan, Lewiston, Lapwai, Peck, Culdesac, Gifford, Kamiah, Craigmont, Nezperce, and Winchester.
* AFFECTED AREAS: CENTRAL PANHANDLE MOUNTAINS ... LEWIS AND SOUTHERN NEZ PERCE COUNTIES ... LEWISTON AREA ... NORTHERN PANHANDLE
Instructions:A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.