CHAPTER 7: ZONE DISTRICT
(As amended August 26, 2008,
Section 3: Rural Residential
A. Purpose: To allow for the transition between rural and urban population densities and to allow development in areas especially well-suited for residential construction by virtue of geography and physiographic features.
B. Uses by Right: Accessory structures and uses customary to any permitted use.
C. Permitted Uses:
1. One single family residence on parcels not less than one (1) acre in size.
2. One (1) single family residence on a non-conforming lot of record, subject to the provisions of Chapter 8.
3. Home-based businesses.
4. One (1) single family residence on any parcel of land created pursuant to and in compliance with the provisions of Chapter 15 of this ordinance.
D. Conditional Uses: The following uses are eligible for a conditional use permit subject to the provisions of Chapter12.
1. Public and private parks and open space recreational facilities.
2. Zero lot line residences, subject to the provisions of Chapter 14, Section 4.
3. Tax exempt churches and structures intended primarily as places of worship.
4. More than one (1) single family dwelling or duplex residential structure on an individual parcel of land, provided the parcel contains at least one (1) acre for each dwelling unit.
E. Special Uses: Any use not specified in this section as a use by right or conditional use are eligible for consideration as a special use subject to the provisions of Chapter 13.
F. Setback Requirements: Setbacks for all structures: Front yard, twenty five (25) feet; side yard, ten (10) feet; rear yard, twenty (20) feet; flanking street on corner lot; fifteen (15) feet.