CHAPTER 7: ZONE DISTRICT SPECIFICATIONS
(AS AMENDED DECEMBER, 2001, AUGUST 26, 2008, and DECEMBER 13, 2010)
Section 1: Agriculture/Forestry
A. Purpose: To enhance and promote the continuity and continued productivity of agriculture and forest land in Boundary County.
B. Uses by Right:
1. Agricultural uses including but not limited to farming and related activities, livestock production and animal husbandry, silviculture and forest product cultivation and harvest.
2. Agricultural structures, including but not limited to barns, sheds, non-commercial garages, greenhouses, agricultural storage structures and on-site produce stands.
3. Hiking, skiing or riding trails; unimproved parks or outdoor recreational sites.
C. Permitted Uses
1. One (1) single family residential structure on a parcel not less than ten (10) acres in size.
2. One (1) single family residential structure on a non-conforming lot of record pursuant to the provisions of Chapter 8.
3. Home-based businesses subject to the provisions of Chapter 14, Section 2.
4. Improved public or private parks, not for profit community halls or community service facilities
D. Conditional Uses: The following uses are eligible for a Conditional Use Permit subject to the provisions of Chapter 12.
1. Commercial businesses supplying products and services for agricultural and forestry activities.
2. Agricultural auction yards.
3. Retail plant nurseries and greenhouses, off-premises produce stands.
4. Riding and rodeo arenas open to the public, commercial stables, commercial kennels, veterinary clinics.
5. Agricultural packaging and processing facilities.
6. Public cemeteries and churches or structures intended primarily as a place of worship.
7. Public service facilities and wireless communications facilities.
8. More than one (1) single family residential structures or a duplex residential structure, provided the parcel contains at least ten (10) acres per dwelling unit.
9. Gravel pits and quarries.
E. Special Uses: Any use not specified in this section as a use by right or conditional use is eligible for consideration as a special use, subject to the provisions of Chapter 13.
F. Setback Requirements: Setbacks for residential structures, accessory structures and agricultural structures: Front yard, twenty five (25) feet; side yard, ten (10) feet; rear yard, twenty five (25) feet; flanking street on corner lot; fifteen (15) feet.