LEPC Meeting Minutes
November 3, 2010
Present: Brad Lowther-Hall Mtn. Fire; Wesley Portrey-SBFD; Darrel Kirking-PHD; Emma Fields, Leatha Lockhart-Red Cross, Kevin Greenleaf, Patty Perry-Kootenai Tribe of Idaho; Jay Baker-IDBHS; Dale Du Ree-Industrial Communications; Art Putnam-AEC/ARES; Barry Coleman-LDS; Ken English-Moyie Fire; Ken Baker-BVA, David Kramer-OEM; John Moss-CCVFD; Chet Savage-PVFD; Denys Knight-Counselor LCPC; Pat Warkentin;BFFD; Lee Colson-USFS; Rich Steven-BCSD; Susan Wilson-CBP - OFO; Susan Bowman-Valence Wireless.
Next meeting: December 1, 2010 0800, Boundary County Courthouse Extension Office
I. Announcements: Dave Kramer brought the meeting to order at 0800.
1. Locate previous Meeting Minutes at http://www.boundarycountyid.org/emermgmt/lepc/index.htm
2. Provide copy of your meeting content to email@example.com in order to be included in minutes
II. John Livingston, National Weather Service (Spokane)
1. Presentation on 2010 winter weather forecast (pdf)
NWS Spokane site http://www.weather.gov/spokane. Click on the map for the forecast
NWS Spokane river and lake site (AHPS) http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=otx
Art Putnam's Boundary County wx round up http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/otx/main.php?wfo=otx&sid=otx&pil=lco
(may have to "select other version" at the bottom of the page as we have another group in NE WA that also sends in daily data)
B. Climate Prediction Center for next week, next month and the three month outlooks http://www.cpc.noaa.gov
III. Dave Kramer, Boundary County Emergency Coordinator
1. Wildland Fire Conference to be held in Boise, December
2. Reminder: There are 4 new online courses that will be required training for those that also have to have ICS 300. The new training courses that are NIMS required are ICS 701 Multiagency Coordination System, ICS 702A Public Information, ICS703 Resource Management, ICS 704 Communications and Information Management.
3. Reminder: Nimscast, which is the reporting system for NIMS compliance will need to be done by each of the responding Agencies and Jurisdictions. I will make arrangements for a trainer to assist in helping the responder agencies do their Nimscast, and I will do the reporting for Boundary County and the Kootenai Tribe of Idaho, but again it will be required for the Cities, Fire Depts. etc. to enter their own information. This is a requirement to receive grant funds.
4. Reminder: Boundary County will be working with Sue Welch from Homeland Security to update our multi-year training plan. Bonner County is looking at hosting some regional training on Wide Area Searches (three day course) and Scenario-Based Executive Level Training sponsored by the Western Community Policing Institute. No dates have been set for these classes to date.
5. Reminder: 2007 Homeland Security Grant to be closed (interop communications equipment)
A. Unused funds placed in (Idaho State) collective pool
B. Prioritized requests evaluated before money distributed from collective pool
C. Requests must be made ASAP in order to be prioritized and eligible for funds distribution
IV. Rich Stevens, Boundary Community Sheriff
1. 911 in place for Caller-ID
A. Waiting for mapping to complete
V. Emma Fields, Red Cross, CG Aux, Hospice
1. $20 donation to Hospice by Friday (11/5) receives 1 Dz roses (Safeway)
VI. Art Putnam - ARES - AEC
1. LEPC participation in Ham Radio is encouraged
A. Training available
B. Provide coverage to rural 'cell-phone dead' areas
VII. Denys Knight, Counselor PCPC
1. Mental Health Specialist
A. Trauma Counseling
B. Suicide prevention
VIII. Wes Portrey, South Boundary Fire Protection District - Report
1. New Station 3 is being constructed in South Boundary
IX. Darrel Kinking, Panhandle Health District
1. The Panhandle Health District is establishing a District 1 Mass Fatality Work Group made up of individual that have a vested interest in effective, efficient and compassionate care of the victims and their families.
2. Response partners from Boundary County will be asked to participate in the work group.
X. With no further business, Dave Kramer adjourned the meeting at 0900.
Minutes submitted by J. Moss CCVFD