LEPC Meeting Minutes
August 26, 2010
Present: Jay Baker, Jock Johnson ID BHS; Bob Graham, David Kramer OEM; Denys Knight LCPC; Dale Du Ree - Industrial Communications; James Cameron, Barry Coleman LDS; Bill McCabe NBVFD; Gary Leonard, Chet Savage, Georgia Savage PVFD; Mark Haigwood PHD; Ken English - Moyie Fire; Ken Baker, Regina Sherman BVA; Mike Weland Planning; Susan Bowman Valence Wireless; Susan Wilson CBP OFO; Pat Warkentin BFFD; Patty Perry Kootenai Tribe; Tony Rohrwasser SBFD; Rick Alonzo BFPD; Tom Turpin Kootenai River Inn; Rick Fawcett Whisper Mountain; John Sauer BHS CI/KR; John Moss - CCVFD
Next meeting: November 3, 2010 0800, Boundary County Courthouse Extension Office
NOTE: OCTOBER MEETING DATE - CANCELLED
I. Announcements: Tony Rohrwasser brought the meeting to order at 0800.
1. Locate previous Meeting Minutes at http://www.boundarycountyid.org/emermgmt/lepc/index.htm
2. Provide copy of your meeting content to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be included in minutes
II. Presentation from Rick Fawcett DA (Contractor on the HazMat Flow Study for the five northern Counties).
1. Boundary County along with the other Northern Counties obtained a grant for a Flow study of Hazardous Materials that travel on the highways and rails in our communities
2. Study involves 5 Region 1 Counties: Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai, Shoshone
3. Hazmat Flow study (Dept. of Transportation, ID)
4. Observations taken in 2-hour snapshots
5. Materials information to be presented in a report next month to Boundary County
III. Presentation from John Sauer (Idaho Critical Infrastructure and Key Resources Protection Program)
1. Mission ~ Create an environment of interactive information sharing between public and private stakeholders to identify, catalog, and assess Idahos critical infrastructure and key resources to facilitate the protection of assets from all man-made and natural threats and to mitigate exploitation from identified vulnerabilities.
2. Power Point Slide Show: http://www.boundarycountyfire.com/bclepc201008bhcikr.shtml
IV. Dave Kramer, Boundary County Emergency Coordinator
1. Wildland Urban Interface Cost Share Workshop (Who Pays the Bills?)
2. Provided AFTER ACTION REPORT/IMPROVEMENT PLAN (from Aug 16 meeting)
a. http://www.boundarycountyfire.com/docs/wuicostshare.doc - Requires Word to view this file
V. With no further business, Tony Rohrwasser adjourned the meeting at 0900.
Minutes submitted by J. Moss CCVFD